UPDATE: Prior to the update’s release, Epic has changed the turbo building delay from 0.05 seconds to 0.15 seconds. It was reduced to 0.05 seconds in the v7.40 update.
Fortnite v8.01 will release on Wednesday morning at 4AM ET. Here’s a culmination of everything we know to be included. We’ll update this post if anything changes.
We know that Epic is prepping several audio improvements for v8.01. Earlier this week, Epic Sound Engineer /u/sweedinmusic posted on Reddit announcing several major changes. Below is the post in detail:
Seth here from the BR Audio team. We’ve seen you talking about some of the Audio adjustments that occurred with Season 8 as well as general feedback on the sounds you hear.
Let’s dig in on some upcoming improvements we’re working on!
- Improvement to the standard AR sound so that it’s not overbearing on the shooter.
- Tightened up the sound, so it’s more of a BLaaam versus a BLAAAM.
- Building Piece destroy sound is louder when instigated by enemies.
- Helps mitigate scenarios where “that guy Hand Cannon’d a wall behind me and I didn’t hear it”.
- Footstep audio blends in the above/below layers, rather than abruptly switching between them.
- Prevents jarring footstep transitions between floors directly above or below. Should clear up some confusion.
- Footstep occlusion traces from the heads of enemies when they’re above or below.
- This helps mitigate scenarios where an enemy has line-of-sight on you but their footsteps still sound muffled/occluded.
- Reduce volume of the S8 palm tree umbrella.
- This only affects the umbrella open/close layers. Don’t worry, the steel drum riff volume is preserved. 🙂
Thanks as always for the feedback and discussion.”
Fortnite Bunker covered this post in an earlier article regarding sound improvements, you can read it in it’s entirety here.
Every update includes bug fixes, but we have some specifics that we’ve gathered since the Season 8 release. Here are the bug fixes coming in the v8.01 release.
- When “Sprint by default” is off and your pickaxe is swung when sprinting, your character stops sprinting. This bug is fixed in v8.01.
- Vending machines disabled in the “Team Rumble” LTM. This is fixed in v8.01.
- Visual audio indicator not working for nearby Driftboards. Also fixed in v8.01.
Packet Loss Fixes
As we detailed in a separate post, Epic developers are working on fixes for packet loss issues present in Unreal Engine 4. UE4 powers numerous games, Fortnite being one of them.
As teased last Sunday on the in-game news page, Fortnite will soon feature Hidden Treasure. We know that players will be able to find unique chests (that are different from the current chests) containing powerful loot. We also know that these chests have unique in-game sounds, and alert players who are near to them.
That’s all we have for now. Check back in with Fortnite Bunker for complete coverage of this week’s update.